Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Childish Dreams and Mature Searchings

When I was a little kid I wanted to be a marine biologist. More than anything in the world, I wanted to someday work with marine mammals. I thought that it would be the coolest job in the world, because I could work at Sea World, or some place like that. Or perhaps I could spend eight months of the year on a boat in the middle of the ocean. All of this was appealing to me because I thought this was my callilng. But as I looked into it more, I realized that I could never have a family if I chased that dream. So, I dropped it. I still in my heart have a passion for marine life, and love to study their behaviors. I guess it's a hobby of mine.

Now I'm chasing my other passion : Medicine. I'm achieving a dream of another sorts. I'm finally doing something about my ambitions. I'm finally doing something to make my family proud of me, and something that makes me feel good at the same time. I've searched for so long that it's difficult to accept that my searching is finally over. Realizing that you no longer have to search and settle, is comforting on so many different levels. You feel a sense of relief, but you also feel trepidation...what will the future bring, now? Only time will tell....but all I know is : it feels pretty good right now.

No comments: