Wednesday, July 5, 2006

How I Spent My Summer Vacation....

I've had nearly two full weeks off from Nursing School. I have enjoyed every cotton pickin' minute of it! Last week was taken up with VBS...worth it, yes, but exhausting. This week has been all about old fasioned family time! Monday was a cleaning day...not a lot of fun, but it had to be done. Tuesday Michael and I took the kiddos to the Zoo (See the post "Happy *WET* Fourth of July"). Today we had the most fun I have had in a long, long time. We took the children to Fossil Rim Wildlife Preserve. It was incredibly fun, and it made me smile all day long. BOTH kids had incredibly funny reactions to the animals. We drove through the park at 5 miles an hour with the kids on our laps. Daniel had a blast!! "More animals," he kept saying. I loved the fact that they weren't shy...the animals came right up to the car and we threw the feed out onto the ground so they could eat it up. Once I get the pictures posted in an online album I'll post a link.


We had so much fun on our safari!! YAY! We can't wait to do the guided tour next time...


This zebra sat here for a while, just waiting for me to snap his picture. I love the look on his face!! Priceless...the zebras are so beautiful!! (I think this is a Grant's Zebra, but we'll figure it out later...still waiting for the link!)

On Friday afternoon Michael and I will be heading to Possum Kingdom Lake for a young marrieds retreat. We're really looking forward to it, but we're mixed about it....because we've never been away from the kids overnight! And we'll be gone TWO nights!! EEK! But all will be well in kiddo land...their grandmother is staying here with them while we're gone. Hopefully all will go well, and the retreat will be good for me and my husband. We need to reconnect!! I'll post some pictures of that when we get back. But for now, it's another cleaning day...while the kids are happy and quiet I need to finish cleaning the living room so I can do the master bathroom while they're down for their naps!!

No comments: