Sunday, July 9, 2006

Up on the mountain

Spending the weekend with a bunch of Christian couples is amazing. There really are no other words to descirbe it. We had a Spiritual experience last night unlike any other. Michael and I went on a Young Marrieds Retreat at Possum Kingdom lake this weekend. It was fabulous! Yesterday we spent a few hours out on the lake...I tried water skiing for the first time (was NOT any good at it!!), and tubed...tubing was great fun! I rode all the way back on my bottom, and today it's very sore. Perhaps not the best idea ever....but it was fun.

Michael and I had a chance to reconnect, and last night we went to the mountaintop together. We experienced GOD together, we cried, we prayed, we rested. There were 6 stations set up in the lake house for us to experience. And experience them we did. When you come this close to God together you re-realize why He put you together. But now I'm depressed beyond belief. Because tomorrow I have to go back to school, and instead of spending time with people who care about me and love me I have to spend the time around folks who cannot seem to grow up. I am giving up experiencing my daughter's infancy, and for what? So people can try to stomp on me? No thank you. I'm chasing my dream, WITH the support of my family, and I WILL reach the finish line...nobody is going to stop me. I realized that again this weekend : anything with God is possible, even if it seems impossible.

And Michael loves me unconditionally.....in so many ways our love for one another mirrors God's love for us, and you know what? I really REALLY understood that last night. And of course, still understand it today.

So I'm sitting here crying because the last thing I want to do is leave my family tomorrow to go back to school. But I know that in the long run it's what's best for everyone involved.

A special thank you to Aaron and Valisa for insisting that we come this weekend. God placed y'all in our lives for a very specific purpose. Thank you for fulfilling that purpose so fully. We love you guys.

Oh yeah, we even saw lots of deer at the lake house...we saw six last night in the front yard. It was awesome.

1 comment:

Danny Sims said...

I'm so glad you went & it was good.