Friday, July 28, 2006

You Could Be Happy......

There is a band that I currently am in love with. They are called Snow Patrol, and they rock quite honestly. They have a song called "Happy" and I LOVE this song for a number of reasons. I like the unique musical undertones it has, with a tinkling sound at the beginning like a music box or something. It's nice. Check it out. The whole album's greatness.

Now, onto the reason for this blog in the first place :

I heard a song on XM this morning at 5:30 when I was driving into work....it's Jars of Clay's version of "I'll Fly Away." It was awesome.....it made me feel uplifted in a way that song hasn't been able to in a long, long time. When a song is used in a loved one's funeral, I tend to associate all kinds of unhappy connotations to it. It just so happens that particular song was sung at my Papa's funeral. Needless to say, I have not been able to make it through it since then. This morning, I was comforted. I sang along. I didn't even cry!! I'm so proud of myself, I think I'll buy it on itunes tonight!!

Michael and I are going to check out Pirates of The Caribbean : Dead Man's Chest tonight. Look for a review tomorrow!!

No comments: