Sunday, July 2, 2006

The World Doesn't Need A Saviour...

Upon watching the new Superman movie, we are left wondering about the Religous undertones. Though in this movie, I'd tend to stae they are more Religious overtones in this particular man of steel installment. The most poignant of these being while he and Lois are "discussing" whether or not the world needs a saviour. Lois says, "The world doesn't need a saviour." To which Superman replies, "then why do I hear them calling out for one every day?" OR something similar to that.

Which leaves us to wonder : why do people sometimes insist that the world is not in need of a saviour? When we clearly ARE??

Or how about "The Father becomes the Son and the Son becomes the Father?" I never really understood the Relgious tones during the first Superman installments, perhaps because I was too young. But my hope is that the folks who need to hear it hear it. Perhaps the director didn't intend the Religiosity (is that a word? well it is now!) to be so in your face, but to me it was. If you've seen the film, do you agree?? I applaud them, hoping that things were intentional. Great. Just Great.

No comments: